The Sassafras Treehouse is hibernation at its best. This is the coziest of our Treehouse accommodations of the Inn.
You access your accommodation directly from your private parking by scaling three private flights of steps to a small private covered deck that is furnished with solid folding teak furnishings of tables and lounge chairs with canvas backs and bottoms. During season your private deck also has a coir and jute rug along with a very large terra cotta pot filled with a large potted fern.
Enter your accommodation through sliding glass doors to hardwood floors comfort with king sleeping area and large closet with full dresser. Solid folding pine side chairs. A hall goes back to your full bath with tub and shower.
From the sleeping area and the private deck of the Sassafras Treehouse you have direct sunset views that go out 30 to 40 miles on a clear day. This is true mountaintop luxury sitting in and around the treetops of Fire Mountain.
Although the Treehouses are not free standing structures in trees, they give one the feeling of being in a Treehouse in how each accommodation is accessed, the views from the inside of each accommodation looking out, the views from each deck and from the scale, size and layout of each one.
Features of Sassafras
- Privacy & seclusion
- Long range sunset views to the southwest / west / northwest
- Breakfast is a grand laid-back affair at Fire Mountain. Your stay includes our hot gourmet Mountaintop Breakfast each day of your stay. It is served at our new Fire + Water restaurant at 9:00am, where each seat has breathtaking views that go out 50+ miles. *Coffee and hot teas with a light continental are available at Fire + Water each morning beginning at 8:15am
- Accommodation scaled for two persons
- Queen bed / side tables / reading lamps
- Folding solid pine side chair
- Full closet
- Large bath with tub and shower
- Herbal soaps / shampoos
- Three speed ceiling fan
- Beautiful hardwood floors
- Original art
- Private deck with two teak chairs with canvas back/bottoms and a side teak table
- In season deck is furnished with large ferns in terra cotta pots / coir & jute rug
- Insulated glass windows
- Non Smoking
- Guest Guide “Land of the Red Thunders”
- Private parking adjacent to two private flights of steps up to your accommodation
- Ice bucket / wine glasses / wine opener
- Blow Dryer
- Maid service provided daily
- Iron / ironing board
- Loft Drapes
- Night light
- Smoke detector
- Extra blanket / pillows
- Linens / towels / spa towels / utility towels
- Cellular Phone Service
- Pre-bagged and loose ice available from Ice House
- Every accommodation at Fire Mountain was well built to ensure coziness and warmth in winter, and to retain the coolness of our atmosphere in the summer