The Red Thunder has the most expansive views of any accommodation on Fire Mountain.
Located in the upper level of the Inn on the sunset side you enter Red Thunder through an entrance foyer illuminated with alabaster sconces, white pine flooring throughout and sisal and jute overlays. Your sleeping area includes a honey-pine, pencil-post, queen bed with side tables and reading lamps, all hand crafted in the Shaker style. The sitting area consists of an overstuffed, slip-covered sleeper sofa, reading lamps, rattan and upholstered side chair and teak coffee table.
The dressing area includes a large, hand crafted Shaker dresser and a walk-in lighted closet. The Red Thunder has a very luxurious designer bath appointed with Philippe Stark bath fixtures that includes his very large and deep two-person soaking tub made of acrylic that retains your water temperature beautifully.
Your accommodation opens out to a very large private deck furnished with potted ferns and hemlocks in large terra cotta pots, coir and jute rugs, cafe table and chairs along with canvas lounging chairs with a teak side table. Above the sitting area portion of the deck is a retractable awning system that can be extended to shield from the sun and can be retracted for star gazing in the evenings.
From the Red Thunder your majestic, long range, mountaintop sunset views go out 40 to 50 miles on a clear day directly from your sleeping area and your sitting area. While out on your private deck you have views that encompass 180 degrees. The Red Thunder is the absolute best in mountaintop luxury and views creating an unforgettable and memorable getaway.
Features of Red Thunder
- Privacy & seclusion
- Long range sunset views to the southwest / west / northwest
- Breakfast is a grand laid-back affair at Fire Mountain. Your stay includes our hot gourmet Mountaintop Breakfast each day of your stay. It is served at our new Fire + Water restaurant at 9:00am, where each seat has breathtaking views that go out 50+ miles. *Coffee and hot teas with a light continental are available at Fire + Water each morning beginning at 8:15am
- Red Thunder can accommodate two persons
- Honey-pine, pencil-post, queen size bed / side tables / reading lamps / three way bulbs
- Sitting area / over-stuffed, slip covered, sleeper sofa / side tables / reading lamps / side chair /coffee table
- White pine flooring throughout with sisal overlays
- Electronic dimmer controlled overhead lighting and alabaster sconces
- Dressing area with lighted closet and large four drawer Shaker dresser
- Philippe Stark designer bath fixtures with a large and deep very luxurious two person acrylic soaking tub with shower
- Herbal soaps / shampoos
- Two three-speed ceiling fans
- Original art
- Red Thunder opens through glass sliding doors to a large private deck
- Deck furnished with canvas lounging chairs / teak table / café table and chairs
- In season deck is also furnished with large ferns and hemlocks in large terra cotta pots / coir & jute rugs
- In season a retractable overhead awning is provided over the seating area of the deck
- Insulated glass windows
- Non Smoking
- Guest Guide “Land of the Red Thunders”
- Ice bucket / wine glasses / wine opener
- Maid service provided daily
- Iron / ironing board
- Blow Dryer
- Loft drapes
- Night light
- Smoke detector
- Extra blanket / pillows
- Linens / towels / spa towels / utility towels
- Cellular Phone Service
- Pre-bagged and loose ice available from Ice House
- Every accommodation at Fire Mountain was well built to ensure coziness and warmth in winter, and to retain the coolness of our atmosphere in the summer