Rock on your front porch or dine on your deck and enjoy a very beautiful and very private long range view or bask in the blaze of a fire from your native stone fireplace as you watch the shadows it cast on your vaulted ceilings as you luxuriate in your very own large and deep two person jetted tub.
The Galax Cabin floor plan is such that everything is in one fantastic great room with white pine, hardwood floors and knotty pine paneling. Everything in the Cabin focuses toward the fireplace so that you can see and enjoy the fireplace from all areas of the Cabin. Your deck opens off the great room through sliding glass doors to a canvas umbrella table with chairs and beautiful mountain views. This deck connects to your front porch furnished with wood rocking chairs and side table and where your bin of complementary split firewood is kept.
Galax Cabin offers warm fires and gorgeous views and is scaled perfectly for two. Enjoy the ultimate in mountain luxury in your own private cabin complete with all the modern conveniences while retaining the authentic feel of a real mountain cabin. Bright, light, intimate and open with everything in one magnificent room!
A contemporary open floor plan Galax Cabin offers the luxury and convenience of a kitchen with full appliances, fully equipped all the way down to the paper products. A private windowed shower bath located just off the great room.
Dine on your deck under the large canvas umbrella. At night collapse the umbrella and explore the starlight sky as you take in the sounds of nature along with the serenity that surrounds you.
Features of Galax
- Privacy & seclusion
- Long range views out to the northeast
- Native stone wood burning fireplace
- First fire set for you
- Complementary split firewood in a bin on front porch
- Large and deep two-person jetted tub
- Honey pine pencil post queen size bed / side tables / reading lamps / three way bulbs
- Queen Sleeper sofa /side tables / reading lamps / three way bulbs
- Electronic dimmer controlled overhead lighting and wall sconces
- Six drawer dresser
- Cabin can accommodate up to 3 persons
- One bedroom / one shower bath
- Herbal soaps / shampoos
- Vaulted ceilings
- Three speed ceiling fan
- Hardwood floors with sisal and jute overlays
- Original art
- Deck with table / chairs / canvas umbrella
- Front porch with rocking chairs / side table
- Insulated glass windows
- Thermostatically controlled heat
- Post mounted charcoal grill
- No Smoking
- Guest Guide “Land of the Red Thunders”
- Private parking adjacent to Cabin
- Ice Bucket / wine glasses / wine opener
- Fully equipped kitchen – including all paper products
- Microwave oven
- Honey pine dining-writing table / chairs
- Pre-approved small dog allowed / dog proofed deck
- Maid service provided every other day
- Iron / ironing board
- Loft drapes
- Blow Dryer
- Night light
- Smoke detector
- Fire extinguisher
- Extra blanket / pillows
- Linens / towels / spa towels / utility towels
- Cellular Phone Service
- Pre-bagged and loose ice available from Ice House
- Every Cabin at Fire Mountain was well built to ensure coziness and warmth in winter, and to retain the coolness of our atmosphere in the summer
- The Mountaintop Breakfast is a grand laid back affair at Fire Mountain! Cabin guests may desire to add a hot gourmet breakfast to their stay which is served each morning in our Fire + Water Restaurant beginning at 9:00 am. Each seat at Fire + Water has breathtaking views that go out 50+ miles. A wonderful way to begin another glorious morning at Fire Mountain! *Coffee, teas and a light continental breakfast are available each morning beginning at 8:15 am.