The Nantahala opens to the sunrise side of the Inn with long range views out in two directions.
You access Nantahala from your private deck that is furnished with potted ferns and hemlocks in terra cotta pots, coir and jute rugs, cafe table and chairs along with large canvas lounging chairs and side table. Above the sitting area portion of the deck is a retractable awning system that you can extend to shade from the sun and retract to be exposed to the stars. From the deck you have long range mountain views out in two directions.
You enter the Nantahala through large sliding glass doors to find white pine flooring throughout with sisal and jute overlays. Your sleeping area is a honey pine pencil post queen bed with side tables and reading lamps. When sitting in your bed you have long range views out to the top of Scaly Mountain which is the second highest peak in this area of North Carolina.
A large lighted upholstered alcove sitting area along with upholstered pillows, a side chaise lounge, and reading lamp make for a beautiful relaxing lounging and sitting area. Add a dressing area with a nine drawer dresser and a double walk-in lighted closet.
Last but definitely not least is a Philippe Stark bath with his designer fixtures that include a very luxurious large and deep two person soaking tub made of acrylic which holds the heat forever as you gaze directly out from the tub through a large window to views to the tower on top of Rabun Bald, the second highest peak in the state of Georgia.
The Nantahala becomes your own little world on top of Fire Mountain that floods with sunshine each morning as you awake and take your mountaintop breakfast sitting at your café table on your deck with that special person in your life.
Features of Nantahala
- Privacy & seclusion
- Long range sunrise views to the northeast / southeast
- Breakfast is a grand laid-back affair at Fire Mountain. Your stay includes our hot gourmet Mountaintop Breakfast each day of your stay. It is served at our new Fire + Water restaurant at 9:00am, where each seat has breathtaking views that go out 50+ miles. *Coffee and hot teas with a light continental are available at Fire + Water each morning beginning at 8:15am
- Nantahala can accommodate two persons
- Honey pine pencil post queen size bed / side tables / reading lamps / three way bulbs
- Lighted upholstered alcove sitting area with side chaise lounge / marble topped side table / reading lamp
- White pine flooring throughout with sisal overlays
- Electronic dimmer controlled overhead lights
- Dressing area with double walk-in lighted closet and large nine drawer dresser
- Philippe Stark designer bath fixtures with a large and deep very luxurious two person acrylic soaking tub with shower
- Herbal soaps / shampoos
- Three-speed ceiling fan
- Original art
- Nantahala opens through sliding doors to a large private deck
- Deck furnished with canvas lounging chairs / teak table / café table and chairs
- In season deck is also furnished with large ferns and hemlocks in large terra cotta pots / coir & jute rugs
- In season a retractable overhead awning is provided over the seating area of the deck
- Insulated glass windows
- Non Smoking
- Guest Guide “Land of the Red Thunders”
- Ice bucket / wine glasses / wine opener
- Maid service provided daily
- Iron / ironing board
- Blow Dryer
- Loft drapes
- Night light
- Smoke detector
- Extra blanket / pillows
- Cellular Phone Service
- Linens / towels / spa towels / utility towels
- Pre-bagged and loose ice available from Ice House
- Every accommodation at Fire Mountain was well built to ensure coziness and warmth in winter, and to retain the coolness of our atmosphere in the summer.