This Cabin is the largest and newest cabin on Fire Mountain. The Hemlock Cabin is perfectly scaled for two couples!
The Hemlock Cabin can accommodate up to six persons in two bedrooms with each bedroom having a king bed and a single bed with its own shower bath. These two bedrooms and two baths come off of one very large great room with cathedral ceilings which has a large native stone fireplace with a raised hearth. The living area in front of the fireplace consists of a large overstuffed slip-covered lounging couch with overstuffed and slip-covered side chairs, each having their own ottoman along with a large wood coffee table, side tables and reading lamps.
The dining area in the great room has a honey pine dining table set for four persons that can expand to seat six persons. A large scaled cooking kitchen that is fully equipped down to the paper products anchors the other end of the great room. There is a small back porch directly off the kitchen with a post mounted charcoal grill a few steps away.
On the other side of the great room, which is all glass and opening through sliding glass doors, you access a very large deck furnished with a table with canvas umbrella and four chairs, two rocking chairs and a four-person hot tub. From the deck you have long range views out in two directions with one to the top of Rabun Bald Mountain, the second highest peak in Georgia, the other to the top of Scaly Mountain, the highest peak in this area of Western North Carolina. You also enjoy both of these views from your very own four person hot tub on this magnificent mountain top deck.
In the evenings from in front of your blazing fire you have sunset views out to the west. The Hemlock Cabin is the ultimate luxury in a Fire Mountain Cabin.
Features of Hemlock
- Privacy & seclusion
- Long range views to the west / north / east
- Cabin can accommodate up to 6 persons
- Native stone wood burning fireplace
- First fire set for you
- Complimentary split firewood in a bin off your deck
- Large and deep “four-person” outdoor hot tub on deck
- European king bed and single bed in each bedroom with side table / reading lamp / three way bulb
- Dimmer controlled overhead lighting in great room
- Four drawer dresser
- One private shower bath for each bedroom
- Herbal soaps / shampoos
- Great room has honey pine walls and vaulted ceilings
- Three speed ceiling fans – great room with two and each bedroom with one
- Wall to wall carpet with hard floors in kitchen
- Original art
- One end of the great room is all glass and opens to a very large deck
- Deck furnished with table, four chairs, canvas umbrella and rocking chairs
- In season deck furnished with large ferns in terra cotta pots
- Insulated glass windows
- Thermostatically controlled heat in each room
- Post mounted charcoal grill
- Smoke free inside / smoking allowed outside
- Guest Guide “Land of the Red Thunders”
- Private parking adjacent to Cabin
- Ice Bucket / wine glasses / wine opener
- Fully Equipped Kitchen – including all paper products
- Honey pine dining table set for “four” and can expand to “six”
- Honey pine dining-writing table / chairs
- Pre-approved small dog allowed / dog proofed deck
- Maid service provided every other day
- Iron / ironing board
- Loft drapes
- Blow dryer
- Night light
- Smoke detector
- Fire extinguisher
- Extra blanket / pillows
- Linens / towels / spa towels / utility towels
- Cellular Phone Service
- Pre-bagged and loose ice available from Ice House
- Every Cabin at Fire Mountain was well built to ensure coziness and warmth in winter, and to retain the coolness of our atmosphere in the summer
- The Mountaintop Breakfast is a grand laid back affair at Fire Mountain! Cabin guests may desire to add a hot gourmet breakfast to their stay which is served each morning in our Fire + Water Restaurant beginning at 9:00 am. Each seat at Fire + Water has breathtaking views that go out 50+ miles. A wonderful way to begin another glorious morning at Fire Mountain! *Coffee, teas and a light continental breakfast are available each morning beginning at 8:15 am.