The Laurel Treehouse is accessed from your private parking by a private elevated boardwalk through the woods that leads to a large wrap around deck.
From one part of your wrap around deck you have long range sunset views that go out 30 to 40 miles on a clear day from your hammock and folding teak furnishings that consist of two canvas teak chairs and a teak side table. From the other part of the wrap around deck and an extension of that deck you have beautiful views into the woods furnished with bistro tables and chairs. In season you will find your deck furnished as an extension of your accommodation with large terra cotta and ceramic pots with potted ferns.
You enter your accommodation from the wrap around deck where you will find a European king bed, a chaise lounge sitting area with a floor lamp for reading, two large closets and a shower bath having a large sunset view window.
You will find the outside and inside of the Laurel Treehouse beautifully integrated together and clinging enchantingly to the side of Fire Mountain waiting for you to experience the sunset views and the enchanting sounds of nature.
Although the Treehouses are not free standing structures in trees, they give one the feeling of being in a Treehouse in how each accommodation is accessed, the views from the inside of each accommodation looking out, the views from each deck and from the scale, size and layout of each one.
Features of Laurel
- Privacy & seclusion
- Long range sunset views to the west/northwest and south
- Breakfast is a grand laid-back affair at Fire Mountain. Your stay includes our hot gourmet Mountaintop Breakfast each day of your stay. It is served at our new Fire + Water restaurant at 9:00am, where each seat has breathtaking views that go out 50+ miles. *Coffee and hot teas with a light continental are available at Fire + Water each morning beginning at 8:15am
- An accommodation scaled for two persons
- European king size bed / side table / reading lamp
- Chaise lounge with shaker floor reading lamp
- Two closets, one filled with deep shelves
- Private windowed shower bath
- Herbal soaps / shampoos
- Three speed ceiling fans in both rooms
- Hardwood floors
- Original art
- Wrap around deck, northwest side, French bistro table and chairs / bench
- Wrap around deck, sunset side, teak chairs / teak table / hammock
- In season deck is furnished with large ferns in terra cotta pots
- Insulated glass windows
- Thermostatically controlled heat
- Non Smoking
- Guest Guide “Land of the Red Thunders”
- Private parking adjacent to board walk “through the woods” entrance to your accommodation
- Ice bucket / wine glasses / wine opener
- Maid service provided daily
- Iron / ironing board
- Hair Dryer
- Loft Drapes
- Night light
- Smoke detector
- Extra blanket / pillows
- Linens / towels / utility towels
- Pre-bagged and loose ice available from Ice House
- Cellular Phone Service
- Every accommodation at Fire Mountain was well built to ensure coziness and warmth in winter, and to retain the coolness of our atmosphere in the summer