Our most romantic Cabin scaled perfectly for two persons with distant sunset mountain views. The Blue Moss Cabin has three rooms with each room having honey pine cathedral ceilings.
The front room is your living, dining and small kitchen where everything is focused toward a hand laid fireplace made of native stone. The hearth of the fireplace is at floor level and the stone above the hand-hewn wood mantle, rises to the top of the cathedral ceilings. An overstuffed slip covered sleeper sofa is in front of the fireplace inspiring romantic evenings.
The middle room has a large and deep two person jetted tub recessed at floor level in the wall to wall carpet with one entire wall mirrored up to the cathedral honey pine ceiling. This room has its own separate thermostatically controlled heat along with thick fluffy spa towels waiting.
The third room is your bedroom with a queen bed. The room is brightly lit by a double set of windows looking out to the west and southwest. Adjacent to your bedroom is your private windowed shower bath.
All three rooms open to a small foyer that opens to a front porch with your complimentary split firewood bin filled to the brim, rocking chairs with side table and a real “swing for two” from which you may enjoy long range mountain views to the north and east.
The views from the living, dining and kitchen area of the Blue Moss Cabin go out 40 to 50 miles on a clear day to the west, north and east. During the winter and early spring months you also enjoy sunset views from the bedroom resulting from the missing foliage on the surrounding trees.
Features of Blue Moss
- Privacy & seclusion
- Long range views to the west / northwest / north
- Native stone wood burning fireplace
- First fire set for you
- Complimentary split firewood in a bin on front porch
- Large and deep two-person jetted tub
- Honey pine queen size bed / side table / reading lamp / three way bulb
- Sofa /side table / reading lamp / three way bulb
- Dimmer controlled overhead lights and wall sconces
- Four drawer dresser
- Cabin can accommodate up to 2 persons
- One bedroom / one shower bath
- Herbal soaps / shampoos
- Cathedral ceilings
- Three speed ceiling fans in living room and bedroom
- Wall to wall carpet
- Original art
- Front porch with rocking chairs / side table
- Insulated glass windows
- Thermostatically controlled heat in each room
- Post mounted charcoal grill
- Non Smoking
- Guest Guide “Land of the Red Thunders”
- Private parking adjacent to Cabin
- Ice Bucket / wine glasses / wine opener
- Fully equipped kitchen – including all paper products.
- Honey pine dining-work-writing table / chairs
- Pre-approved small dog allowed
- Maid service provided every other day
- Iron / ironing board
- Two inch honey pine wood blinds on all windows
- Night light
- Smoke detector
- Blow dryer
- Fire extinguisher
- Extra blanket / pillows
- Cellular Phone Service
- Linens / towels / spa towels / utility towels
- Pre-bagged and loose ice available from Ice House
- Every Cabin at Fire Mountain was well built to ensure coziness and warmth in winter, and to retain the coolness of our atmosphere in the summer
- The Mountaintop Breakfast is a grand laid back affair at Fire Mountain! Cabin guests may desire to add a hot gourmet breakfast to their stay which is served each morning in our Fire + Water Restaurant beginning at 9:30 am. Each seat at Fire + Water has breathtaking views that go out 50+ miles. A wonderful way to begin another glorious morning at Fire Mountain! *Coffee, teas and a light continental breakfast are available each morning beginning at 8:15 am.