When staying in the Star Maiden wake up to a sunrise in your cozy honey pine library king bed.
This spacious accommodation is located in the upper part of the Inn on the sunrise side and has a small sitting area, a large closet and a full windowed bath with tub and shower. This accommodation is very private as you have no other accommodation above, below or adjacent to you.
The Star Maiden opens out to a large private deck furnished with potted hemlocks in terra cotta pots, cafe table and chairs and large canvas lounging chairs with a small side table. During the spring / summer / fall season the sitting portion of the deck has a retractable awning system in place that you can extend to be shaded from the sun and can retract to be exposed to the stars.
From this accommodation you have long range mountaintop views out in two directions. From the king bed you have long range views out to the top of Rabun Bald which is the second highest peak in the state of Georgia. From the bath you have long range views out to the top of Scaly Mountain which is the highest peak in this area of Western North Carolina. From your private deck you have both of these beautiful long range views out in two directions.
Star Maiden is a very relaxing and quiet accommodation.
Features of Star Maiden
- Privacy & seclusion
- Long range sunrise views to the northeast / southeast
- Breakfast is a grand laid-back affair at Fire Mountain. Your stay includes our hot gourmet Mountaintop Breakfast each day of your stay. It is served at our new Fire + Water restaurant at 9:30am, where each seat has breathtaking views that go out 50+ miles. *Coffee and hot teas with a light continental are available at Fire + Water each morning beginning at 8:15am
- Star Maiden can accommodate two persons
- Honey pine library king size bed / side tables / reading lamps
- Hardwood Floors
- Dressing area with lighted closet
- Windowed full bath with tub and shower
- Herbal soaps / shampoos
- Three-speed ceiling fan
- Original art
- Accommodation opens through glass sliding doors to a large private deck
- Deck furnished with canvas lounging chairs / side table / café table and chairs
- In season deck is also furnished with large ferns and hemlocks in large terra cotta pots / coir & jute rugs
- In season a retractable overhead awning is provided over the seating area of the deck
- Insulated glass windows
- Non Smoking
- Guest Guide “Land of the Red Thunders”
- Ice bucket / wine glasses / wine opener
- Maid service provided daily
- Iron / ironing board
- Blow Dryer
- “Light proof” drapes
- Night Light
- Smoke detector
- Extra blanket / pillows
- Linens / towels / spa towels / utility towels
- Cellular Phone Service
- Pre-bagged and loose ice available from Ice House
- Every accommodation at Fire Mountain was well built to ensure coziness and warmth in winter, and to retain the coolness of our atmosphere in the summer